This year we marked our 5th anniversary by electing more alumnae than ever! We are asking for your support so we can carry this momentum into 2019 and beyond, and continue training Democratic women to run for office up and down the ballot. Please make a year-end contribution to help us meet this important challenge.
In 2018 Emerge Vermont had much success:
- More women than ever completed our training programs – 33 women graduated from our Signature and Bootcamp training programs.
- Nearly 40 alumnae ran for offices up and down the ballot. From library trustee to state’s attorney to mayor to state legislator to governor, alumnae stepped up to run for so many offices.
- Over 80% of alumnae won their races, including mayor in Montpelier, state’s attorney in Chittenden County, school board in Burlington, five VT House seats flipped from Red to Blue, and our ED won a VT Senate seat.
- Nationally, over 400 Emerge America alumnae in 28 states and territories won on Election Day! Five alumnae won Congressional seats, including one of the first Native American women in Congress.
We’re looking forward to the next five years. With your help we can:
- Reach gender parity among state and local elected officials in Vermont;
- Elect more women to statewide office including Vermont’s 1stS. Congresswoman & female Senator and 2nd female Governor (VT is the only state to have never sent a woman to Washington!);
- Significantly increase the number of women of color in office;
- Bolster the ranks of women in law enforcement and judicial positions.
We’re incredibly grateful for your support now and over the past five years. Please include Emerge Vermont in your year-end giving. There is more work to do. Together we can make progress. Thank you for being on our team.
Wishing you Happy Holidays and a Democratic, Equitable 2019!
Our very best,
The Emerge Vermont Board of Directors
Madeleine Kunin, Founder | Joan Lenes, Chair | Brenda Churchill | Dottie Deans | Helen Head |
Deb Markowitz | Sue Minter | Kesha Ram | Lauren Sampson | Ruth Hardy, Executive Director
Paid for by Emerge Vermont | PO Box 556, East Middlebury, VT 05740 | Contributions are not tax-deductible.